Travel Post!

3/06/2013 07:51:00 PM

Better late than never: PORTLAND (Jan. 2013)!

So a few posts back (which was actually 3 months ago), I briefly mentioned that I would be heading on a trip to Portland, Oregon. As a quick summary of this little adventure, I will say that it is very, very different from home here in Southern California. And I do mean that in a semi-bad way, considering its lack of cultural diversity. Yet admittedly, I also believe it has its own hipster aesthetic. Plus, winter may not be the best season to enjoy what the city has to offer. Maybe next time we'll fall in love with the place, given we have more than just 4 days.

Anyway, I wrote this whole post about my time there and the kind of "culture shock" I endured, but that was on my tumblr and I don't want to be repetitive--at least not in writing. I will, though, re-post my photos on here without guilt :)

WARNING: No pictures of food. I am no foodie and I am perfectly okay with that.







Our hotel room looked as if Anthropologie threw up in it. But it was such an awesome hotel with free wine/cider/beer during happy hour :)


Went to this quaint little restaurant north of the Columbia River. It was so tiny and nestled between houses, but had such great tasting egg benedicts!


Driving out of the city :)


 

Beaaautiful Multnomah Falls



And so that's about it for the photos. I have lots of other photos of my friends and I (our group was 10+!) where we're seen being silly and inebriated and dancing... but I'll save those for our Facebook pages (tags I won't approve!). I loveeee those last few photos of Clarence walking away in amongst all the green, but unfortunately photobucket resolution is not very good. Oh well, still nice right?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts