DIY Gifts!

12/28/2012 06:16:00 PM

I finally got my DIY-on with a few crafty gifts for my family. I had my bathroom remodeled and my mom has been saying how much she wants to use my bathtub to relax. She's also been in and out of the hospital over the years and to put simply--just straight up stressed. So with that in mind, I gathered up all these goodies and made a spa/relaxation kit for her. It included lavender bath solutions and salts, face masks, fuzzy socks, candles, bath/hair accessories and a home made citrus body scrub.

DIY CITRUS BODY SCRUB:


Materials:
1 cup of sugar (or salt)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
mason jars - I used two spice jars because from IKEA because I couldn't find any small mason jars :(

*These portions are to your own preference. I found that I had to keep adding more or less of one or the other. I also used some honey :)


DIY PASSPORT HOLDER:
I decided to be all cheesy by making my own leather passport holder for  future travel adventures. So far we've only gone up the California coast (all on the road) and had our first flight together (only to Las Vegas), plus a trip to Portland coming up in about two weeks. They may not be international flights necessitating passports, but the time will come!

Anyhow, I used the tutorial from Jepsen Leather Goods and although the tutorial/process was simple enough, I somehow failed at the sewing part. It turned out looking a bit crude, but I'm sure it will serve its purpose. Welp, I guess I'll need more practice working with leather. Much more. Hmph!

The photos:





As I mentioned, everything was going relatively well until I got to the stitching. Ah, it was extremely difficult; I couldn't sew it straight to save my life. Well, as they say, there is always room for improvement.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts