DIY Advice to myself and anyone else

8/11/2011 12:10:00 PM

As I want to be creative while low on funds, I'm resorting to DIY birthday gifts for my brother and friend. Gathering tips and simple advice from veteran DIY fashionistas I'll keep in mind the basics.

The essential goods to keep at hand, ready for use anytime:

  1. A good pair of shears/scissors + box of dressmakers pins + measuring tape + needles
  2. Sewing machine & seam ripper
  3. Glue gun (NTS: must get myself one...)
  4. Stockpile materials!!!
    - zippers, buttons, different colored/type thread, studs, ribbons, chains, et cetera (thrifted, hardware stores or taken from old unwanted pieces)
Other helpful tips:
  1. Build up a collection for inspiration (photos, magazines, others' DIY projects)
  2. Experiment with thrifted clothing!
  3. Don't be too scared to experiment with your own clothes!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts