The clutches

8/21/2011 05:46:00 PM


still ridiculously unclean and imperfect... but I'm just testing out different "styles" and learning at the same time.

So I made another zipper clutch, just larger than the first one I posted last week. The first time, I was too much in a rush (and didn't have the material) to line it. This time, I had a nice sheer satin for a cleaner and nicer look on the inside. In the end it's still a really rough prototype so no, I don't have any interior photos. Too awful, whoops! But I hope I can perfect this (a zipper foot would really help, too) soon so that when I make them for my friends and family, I won't be catching any grimaces.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the smaller clutch actually has no zipper at all. I sewed in "invisible" magnets between the "pleather" and the lining within the flap and front piece! This one is actually quite messy, but I like its simple look very, very much despite it all.


Just random pictures from the process:









Materials (Invisible & regular magnet snaps; plastic and metal zippers; pleather-ish material; satin) all found in Joann's Fabrics, but I also bought extra material (zippers and satin) from a thrift store. Cheaper!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts