Cleo is out, Batgirl is in

10/26/2011 10:30:00 PM

So all that talk about being Cleopatra is all nil because at the last minute I decided to be Batgirl. I bought the material yesterday and just finished it an hour ago. Not bad, I'd say! It isn't traditional Batgirl and actually leans towards the usual skimpy Halloween get up.

I wanted to kick myself because I didn't buy material that was stretchy/elastic, which made everything 100x harder. I didn't even know how to make a body suit or pants so I went with a "simple dress." Unfortunately, it wasn't "simple" and I had to adjust the one piece (dress) dozens of times! In the end, this is all I can muster up!

from this:


to this:


I haven't really got tutorial photos for you (because it was just a jumbled mess in the making), but here are random pictures that should give you some sense of how I went about it:











The experience? Let's just say I don't ever want to work with this material again for a very, very long time.

I mean, I think it turned out decent, but it was very troublesome. My seamripper is both my best friend and worst enemy.


Materials:
  • Costume pleather (I used 2 yards)
  • Yellow foam and felt
  • Simple, black masquerade mask (luckily, this one had a kind of pointed shape, somewhat resembling "bat wings") 
  • Sewing machine or needle and thread + pins + scissors
  • Tacky glue :) 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. wow! great costume! I mean, how I wish I'm good at making costumes too! :)

    Hope to hear from you!:D

    Much love,
    Elle from www.missbubblycat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! you're so talented ! you def have to model it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what it looks like on you :) Are you gonna wear boots with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this two ladies before me :) Looking forward for the pictures of you wearing it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys ;) i'll be posting them soon! i hope you guys don't mind a little vanity, i thought i may as well take as many photos as possible since it was really troublesome to make :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts