Hogwarts is home

11/06/2014 11:17:00 AM

First off, what's new? The last post was about (2013) holiday crafts and it's now... November 2014! So how did my year go? So far, I have checked some things off my Bucket List, started new friendships, lost some, forged new relationships, lost one, camped and explored, stayed at home feeling stagnant, went back to Oahu/Maui, and applied to my first graduate program. Obviously, more has happened, but I can't or don't want to get into too much detail. Instead, let me just do a quick run-through of the first event of 2014: my family trip to Orlando, FL. Or more importantly, our multiple visits to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Childhood dreams do come true!

Unfortunately, I can't remember as many details as I'd like because it was so many months ago, but here are a few of the photos to summarize!


Hagrid's hut!



P1249598

2014-01-27 11.35.51 1


P1249614


P1249674
The Three Broomsticks! We were able to try both the breakfast and lunch here :) I had the "traditional English breakfast" and some rotisserie chicken & potatoes for lunch (which was the better of the two meals). I was never much of a breakfast person.

Inside The Three Broomsticks:
P1249526

P1249522

P1249520

I didn't upload everything, but here is the link for my WWoHP Flickr photostream (forgive me if the photos are a bit shoddy): https://www.flickr.com/photos/rnoseisley/sets/72157646831178304/

Overview:
I went on this trip to Orlando with my family back in mid January. It all started when I spontaneously bought ourselves a vacation package from the Universal Studios website around my birthday the last year (November 2013). It was a pretty amazing experience because even as a grown woman, I was ecstatic to be in a replica village from my adolescent fandom fantasies. Haha! Aside from some shops being weirdly placed in "Hogsmeade Village" (e.g. Ollivander's Wand Shop), everything was so ON POINT in terms of architecture as in the Harry Potter films! It was pretty fun to be around so many folks dressed up, too--sort of like Comic-Con meets Halloween. You bet I rocked some HP tees/scarves as well :) I was a Harry Potter fan and always will be.

Anyway, our package included a (bunk!) hotel stay for 4 nights, and admission for 3 days at either Universal Studios and UV Islands of Adventure. Of course, I took it upon myself to plan for everyone to visit the WWoHP the park twice. I would. Oh, and not only that, but because we purchased the package which included accommodation, we were all eligible for the exclusive Early Admission into WWoHP! I was so stoked & so incredibly happy! I sincerely urge those interested in visiting the park to do this, or at least find any other way to acquire an Early Admission pass. Even with the few hundred of us there during early park admission, it was still such an intimate experience in the little village. Not having to deal with long lines or a huge crowd is always a plus. The photo ops were prime.

I also can't get over how I was able to try three types of "butterbeers!" The WWoHP butterbeers usually come in two options: as a regular chilled soda or as a slushie type beverage. The weather was so unexpectedly cold (50 degrees in January is still too cold for Orlando), the park concocted a new butterbeer style: warm! The vendors said they had literally started making it that weekend, but I'm not sure if it's still available as an option today. Anyway, I didn't mind being a guinea pig for their first ever warm butterbeer because 1) it was yummy, and 2) I was not at all prepared/dressed for the cold mornings & nights. Anything to warm me up!

There were a few hiccups during the trip, such as everyone only having clothes for 65+ degree weather and being late for flights, but we stuck it through and had a blast. All in all, I give two thumbs up to our first trip of 2014!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts