Travel Plans

7/08/2013 10:38:00 PM


Yay! So I've finally found the time to write up an update for our upcoming trip. I've been busying myself with things like getting fit, to watching anime (haha)--everything & anything I can before work and school consume my life again. Though, I will admit, I haven't been very adamant about the gym for the past week & a half. Even though I've told myself to I need to get into tip top shape, running errands has taken up my free time (aka gym time). Not only am I going to Hawaii, but I'm also attending a friend's wedding! Gah, we've known each other since we were 13 years old. Now we're 25 and it's bachelorette weekend in Las Vegas!<< This is the only reason why I'm okay with missing Comic-Con this year. That being said, there's much to be excited for this summer & lots to do to prepare.

Anyway, back to business.
Eek! I am so thrilled because I haven't traveled anywhere in such a long time. And I've been gettin' myself ready: This week I bought an excessive amount of tops/tanks for Vegas/Hawaii, a "tough" camera for partying & adventuring, and I just booked some ecotours in Maui.

So, to document all the fun, I will be bringing my trusty Olympus PEN E-PL2 and my brand spankin' new tough Oly, the TG-1.




Sweet, right? I haven't used the TG-1 much lately, but so far I'm fully pleased with the photo quality (see E-PL2 photo above). So cleannnn. I am most excited about its waterproof-ness! It has only been put through a running shower, but so far, so good. You can bet I will put it to use next weekend at the Las Vegas resort pool parties.

Alright, so now for the Hawaii itinerary. We pretty much have our Maui stay planned and we may just wing it once we get to Oahu. We aren't afraid to be touristy and so, yes, we will be doing lots of... tours! Sadly, this also means spending a whole lot of dough. To mitigate overspending we have been keeping track of all of our bookings/costs via shared spreadsheet on our Google Drives. Recently, I've really been adamant on budgeting wisely in everything. I've also made a spreadsheet of all my purchases, budget, money left over (etc.) related to my friend's wedding. That being said, even with the high cost of Hawaii, we seem to be doing well in terms of spending--so far. Oh and it also helps that we booked vacation condo rentals at extremely low rates instead of hotels! Note: must use VRBO this again for future destinations.

ITINERARY (Maui only; Tentative) 
Thursday  8/08 - Arrive in Maui
Friday      8/09 - Snorkel/Kayak Tour
Saturday  8/10 - Haleakala Sunrise Biking Tour 2:30 AM! - Booked  
Sunday    8/11 - Ziplining Tour!
Monday   8/12 - Road to Hana!
Tuesday  8/13 - [Anything] --- Arrive in Oahu 4:30pm

As for Oahu, we haven't really planned our days, but we do have dozens of things on our Ideas-List to choose from. We will be staying at my grandparents' home for two nights, then I will finally experience the Oahu tourist life by staying in Waikiki the rest of the trip. We'll have family BBQs, try plenty of restaurants, drink lots of alcohol, hike, RIDE A MOPED, and hopefully find some time to relax. Haha.

Well, I think it's safe to say we are going to be broke for at least a month after this trip & we will be needing all the energy we can get in Maui. Now I know the activities don't sound like the "classic" dates the Romance Isle is known for, but I can't wait to experience all of these adventures. It isn't fully exotic nor is it a journey across the world so I know it is as if I'm making a huge deal out of this domestic vacation. But if you didn't know, Hawaii is also my birthplace and home to much of my family. I haven't been back since 2006 so actually, it is a big deal to me!

Ah, I can almost feel the sand between my toes!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds like you've got a lot of fun events coming up soon! How exciting, have tons of fun on your trip to Hawaii, can't wait to see photos :) And congrats to your friend on getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nadie!!! It's been a long time since I last read/opened some blogs (including mine.) By the way, I was stoked to see your comment on my recent blog post! Thank you for taking the time :) I've been really busy with uni and stuff that's why I haven't been updating my blog ever since. That being said, I have a few examinations coming up so yeah. Good luck to me T.T Anyway, do you have an Instagram account? Let's follow each there instead! I thought that would be a great idea since we're both busy with our own stuff here and there haha :) Here's mine http://instagram.com/happyelouise or simply @happyelouise
    So there, hope to hear from you soon, Nadie! :) And oh, have fun on your Hawaii trip! (so jealous, I really need to take a break from all the stress my course is giving me! Ack! ) Hihi :3 Take care and ENJOY!

    <3 Elouise

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts